The insurance industry is constantly changing the ABA billing and coding rules, reimbursement rates, and authorization requirements, making reimbursement for ABA therapy services a constant struggle. The introduction of new delivery models, such as online telehealth services, also creates additional complexity around this process. This makes the handling of billing internally a very time-consuming process for many ABA therapy providers, many of whom would rather focus their time and attention on providing therapy for their patients.
All these elements require ABA providers to seek out expert knowledge and other expensive resources to correctly implement ABA billing in-house.
However, you can outsource your billing to a dedicated ABA billing company to eliminate these issues.
How outsourcing these complex processes to an ABA billing services specialist helps you
Here are some of the many benefits that come with outsourcing your ABA billing solution to a specialist billing agency:
- Assisting you with ABA billing expertise: As an established or new ABA therapist, you’ll get all the help you need to get to grips with all the challenges of ABA billing, such as regularly changing ABA billing codes.
- Focus on providing excellent ABA therapy: Outsourcing to a billing company allows new and experienced ABA therapists to spend more time focusing on their patients’ therapy instead of spending time on processing ABA billing.
- Streamline your billing system to speed up payments: Hiring a specialist ABA billing agency maximizes the reimbursement you receive for your services while shortening the time to collect your ABA therapy claims.
- An all-in-one solution: You get a turn-key solution with software tools, payer knowledge, and expertise in all revenue cycle functions.
- Reduce billing costs: You avoid the costs of an expensive in-house billing department with its associated expenses, such as salary, insurance, and other expenses, and only pay for services provided by the ABA billing company when the insurance company pays you.
- Eliminate billing errors: Avoid billing errors that may arise due to a lack of internal expertise, which raises the cost of in-house ABA billing due to the associated correction costs, such as resubmission fees.
- Scalable and flexible billing: As you expand, your outsourced partner expands with you to meet your billing needs quickly and easily, compared to increasing the size of an in-house billing team which would take longer and cost more.
Simplify ABA billing with Missing Piece
Missing Piece has been managing the revenue cycle for ABA and other behavioral health providers since 2009. We collect the maximum reimbursement available and proactively follow up with the insurance company on all payment issues. Our clients are located across the United States, ensuring we have ABA billing and reimbursement expertise in each state’s Medicaid, commercial insurance, and other government plans. Our experts in each area of the revenue cycle, including eligibility, contracting, authorization, appeals, and patient billing, take the entire burden of the revenue cycle off your hands.
Whether you are moving from in-house billing to an outsourced billing partner, changing your outsourced billing partner, or starting your practice, outsource your revenue cycle to the ABA billing and ABA consulting services experts at Missing Piece to gain access to all of our knowledge and resources.
To find out more about working with the best billing company for your needs, contact us and learn how Missing Piece can help you.
What Clients Say..
Like most small businesses, our success is predicated upon personal relationships and a consistent revenue stream. Since opening, Missing Piece Billing has been a great partner and an essential element of both. They guided us through the billing and authorization process and took the lead on contracting and patient invoicing, allowing us to focus on serving our families. As our company has grown from 1 to 100, I can say with great confidence that we would not be where we are today without them.
Engaging Minds Autism Services
Missing piece billing has been great to work with. They have been our billing partner for many years now. They have wonderful staff that is very easy to work with, they are helpful and always follow through to help on any requests we have.
Specialized Autism Consultant
Missing Piece has been providing billing services to Lighthouse Autism Center from 2012, when we first opened our doors, to present day. They are not just a service provider, but a true “partner” who has contributed to our success over the years. We highly recommend Missing Piece to those who wish to take their organizations to the next level.
Lighthouse Autism Center
Indiana & Michigan Provider
Missing Piece delivers. Your problems are solved before you even notice, and you benefit from knowledge gained by Missing Piece via other clients’ problems even before they are yours to suffer. They are ahead of the game at every turn, be it denials for improperly reviewed claims, contracting issues, or auth utilization, they have you covered. We could not replace their services with ten full time staffers, and they cost far less than that each month.
Child’s Play Plus
Since starting Circle City ABA, Missing Piece has been a valuable part of our organization’s growth. The bright team at Missing Piece provides insight and clarity in navigating the complex world of ABA insurance and creates confidence for our company. We highly recommend Missing Piece and the valuable partnership they bring to their customers.
Circle City ABA
Partnering with Missing Piece to handle our insurance and billing needs came at the perfect time for our organization. Payment and issues with claims consumed a large portion of our week. Once we started working with the team at Missing Piece, we experienced faster turnaround with payment, billing and authorizations were streamlined, and credentialing couldn’t be easier. Their dedicated team is always there to support our business and has given us back the time to focus on patient care.
The Bedrock Clinic & Research Center, Inc.
New Jersey Provider
We have used Missing Piece Billing and Consulting for many years and are very satisfied with their services and support. Their team is knowledgeable and professional and have been wonderful to work with. We trust their expertise and would highly recommend them for all your ABA billing needs.
Disability and Autism Services of Indiana
When we began the process to become a Medicaid and insurance provider, a friend advised us to call Missing Piece for help. As it turns out, that was the best piece of advice we got in relation to this journey. The folks at Missing Piece have been there every step of the way, providing us with guidance, support, and taking many hours of work onto their workload. We are so grateful!
The Bridge of Georgia